Our Plan sets out the role, direction and goals of the Patient and Client Council for the next four years.
A health and social care service that is shaped by the experiences of patients, clients, carers and communities.
To be an independent and influential voice that makes a positive difference to the health and social care experience of people across Northern Ireland.
- put people at the centre of all we do;
- use evidence from people as a guide to our work;
- speak independently;
- work in partnership; and
- be clear about what we do and how we do it.
- The Patient and Client Council represents the interests of the public;
- The Patient and Client Council promotes involvement of the public in health and social care;
- The Patient and Client Council provides assistance to individuals making or intending to make a complaint relating to health and social care;
- The Patient and Client Council promotes the provision by HSC bodies of advice and information to the public about the design, commissioning and delivery of health and social care; and
- The Patient and Client Council is an effective organisation.
If you'd like a hard copy, please email your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org